Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Let me introduce myself...

It has been brought to my attention by my super critical sister Kathy, that my last post "lacks the proper introduction of the main characters in the story." So let me start by saying that my life truly did begin on a rainy September day in Chester Vermont. The day that I married the most incredible man in the world, my best friend, Lee Roy! (yep that is honestly his middle name)

In the 16 years that Lee and I have been married I'd have to say that our most awesome accomplishments are the five beautiful children God blessed us with. Our Oldest, Katie Grace is 14 and starting her first year of High School in August. Leeann is next in line, she is 12 and going into 7th grade. Abby Jean is 11 and starting her fist year of middle school. Jack Ryan is 8 and has just successfully
completed 2nd grade (thank goodness!) Last but SO not least is our precious baby girl, Chloe Beatrice. Chloe Bea was born in July of 2010 and she brought with her an extra chromosome that has rocked our world in ways that we could never find the words to explain. She was walked to the gates of Heaven by Jesus himself and when he kissed her and sent her on her way she took with her enough joy, peace and happiness to spread across the world till the end of time. She is the light of our world and I thank God daily for allowing me to be her Mother. I will save her birth story for another late night and big bottle of wine!

I knew the night that Chloe was born that God had huge plans for my life. I would have never imagined that that those plans included a trip to an orphanage in Eastern Europe. I realize that those of you who know me are shocked because I am far from adventurous when it comes to traveling, but I would go to H...E... double toothpicks and back for one of my children! Sweet Olivia is my child and I have never been so excited about a trip before in my life! I may as well be going to Hawaii!

How'd I do Kath?

2 comments:

  1. You have natural writing talent my dear sister...keep up the awesome posts! CANNOT wait for this journey to enfold!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Beth,
    Lizzy and I met you and your husband at BelAir one morning. We talked over donuts! You, Lee and your darling Chloe touched our hearts.

    What's interesting, since then my daughter and her husband have decided to look into adopting a child with Down syndrome. Melissa is like Liz's second mom. I have even found two girls I would love to bring home. Being an older single mom, I am not sure where that would go. But I am behind Melissa and David all the way!!

    I wish your family the best and support you in your loving efforts to travel abroad and bring Olivia home to your wonderful family.

    Take care, Camilla and Lizzy

    ReplyDelete