Monday, June 11, 2012

If I can.......

Finish this sentence: "If I can do this......................."
Anyone can!!! So cliché isn't it? There is an amazing amount of truth to this and believe me, I have said this to numerous people along our journey to Olivia. Who would have ever thought that this spoiled rotten country girl could leave everything comfortable behind and set out on mission across the world based on faith alone? Looking back at my life and understanding how perfectly God was preparing me for a moment that would literally change the direction of the world. Dramatic, I know, but think about it..... Olivia was born into a world that didn't think she was worthy of being loved. She lived the first 15 months of her life laying alone in a crib waiting for her miracle, for world to change, for her Mother... No matter how you slice it, the world did change direction the day Olivia broke free from the walls of her prison. A life was saved and even though it was just one, it enriched the world in ways we may never understand, but God understands, after all he planned it:). So in a nutshell..... EVERYONE is capable of saving a life and making a change. What would have become of Olivia if we had listened to the voices that told us to "Just send some money somewhere." "Just let someone else save her, she's so cute, someone will adopt her." "Wait a year and see where you guys are financially." the list goes on and on and it terrifies me to think that we almost listened and deprived the world of this:




Olivia brings unimaginable joy to our family and we are happier, stronger, so filled with love and completely complete! Here's some proof:




























Check this out... My beautiful girls are poster children and quite possibly will save the life of an unborn child....


We had an incredible evening on Friday! This time last year all three of these amazing children were wasting away in orphanage #5 and on this night they sat side by side surrounded by people who love them more than life itself! I couldn't begin to put into words the emotion felt by all who witnessed this reunion. Unbelievable!




This is Micah Ray, Olivia and Misha Chellson.. These sweet children will have a lifelong bond as will their Mama's! I love you Shelly and Melissa:)
I'll wrap this post up with just some food for thought. Please, please, please, if adoption has ever even entered your mind, even if for a moment, revisit it! If you think your husband will never come around, he will!!! If you can't imagine raising the money you will need, you will!!! If you think your loved ones won't understand, they will!!!! Listen to Gods calling, he has a plan:).
Remember..... "If I can do it, ANYONE can!"
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. love this post- you are awesome! And the girls look BEAUTIFUL for that poster pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing the pictures Shelly was tagged in. I loved seeing all these "babies" growing so big & strong from all the love that now surrounds them. Adoption will NEVER leave my mind & heart and I do hope to one day save of these angels too. Now isn't our time (due in 2 months with our very much surprise miracle, after struggling 6 years to conceive) but I hope our daughter will open my husband's heart to another beautiful miracle a world away. Maybe God knew that it'll take a biological daughter to open his heart. I guess time will tell. Olivia & Chloe are beautiful & I love reading updates. They always make me smile & I can't wait to continue to see Olivia thrive from all her new family love. She already looks like she's grown immensely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *love* your closing remarks!!! It is so well said and will surely touch other hearts! So thrilled for your family....
    Cynthia
    http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post- SO encouraging! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete