Saturday, June 4, 2011

The House That Jack Built !!

Hi my name is Jack Herrington and I can't wait to be Olivia's big brother! I love building things out of Lego's. I usually don't build pink houses but this time I'm excited to! It makes me really sad that Olivia doesn't have a house to live in "I'm going to build her one." Will you help me? I picked out a pink Lego set in Walmart and I know I can build an awesome house brick by brick! With every $5 donation I will add another Lego brick to Livvy's house until all 420 pieces are gone. When it's built my Mom will take a picture and put it on this blog so you can see it. Thank you,

Love, Jack



Good job Jack! He sat next to me and told me exactly what he wanted to say. He started out typing it himself but I figured I'd better take over because Olivia's house may never get started at the rate he was going! I am so very proud of him for getting so excited about this. The girls are old enough to realize what it truly means when we talk about Olivia being an "orphan." Jack asked me the other day what being an orphan meant. It was an easy explanation for me... I said to him, "Jack, Olivia doesn't have a Mom and a Dad, she doesn't have Sisters or a Brother like you that love her." He understood and I knew that this was a perfect opportunity for Jack to get involved in bringing Olivia home in perfect "Jack" fashion! LEGOS!!!!! He absolutely loves the idea of building her a house. It was a little difficult to get him to agree with the whole Pink thing but he realized that The Halo Pelican ship wouldn't match her bedroom... I love this boy and we are going to have a blast with this!! So let's build this Baby Girl a home together!


Here's how it works: For every $5 donated Jack will pick out a Lego block,I will write your name on it hand it over to the construction worker himself and he will add it to Olivia's house! After you buy your block through our Chip In box on my blog, make sure you send me an email (herringtonbeth@comcast.net) or leave a comment on the blog so we can add you to the list of founders! Thank you all for your continued support and prayers they mean the world to us.

Meet your construction worker... Jack Herrington!!!

6 comments:

  1. This is the CUTEST thing ever...I'm going to have my two big boys read this post over the weekend and find out how many bricks they want to donate :)!!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack, you are an awesome big brother!!!! Can't wait to see it! Can't wait to donate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such an awesome idea! I will be buying a brick shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it must really pain him to use pink! :) Good for Jack-O-Lantern-- he's becoming such a good big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! You go Jack! I just donated for five bricks! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete