Sunday, April 1, 2012

I'm up and running!!!!!!

Okay, I've got a handle on this iPad blog thing now and I promise to play catch up! We are having an absolutely amazing time. Kiev is beautiful and I can see why so many are longing to return. Of course we are only 2 days in and I've facetimed my kids at home about 100 times so my homesickness is totally under control (for now). Thanks to the incredible person who donated our first class tickets we were so well rested when we arrived in Kiev yesterday. Jet lag so far hadn't reared it's ugly head and I so hope we will be fortunate enough to escape it all together! Most of you know that we are sharing our time here with the Chellson's and I can't even begin to tell you how awesome it is to have them here! Aaron and Olivia will be forever bonded through this combined life saving mission as will their Parents!
Lee and David share the ability to be adventurous when it comes to food. Melissa and I, not so much. Last night we had a great dinner at a very "safe" pizza joint in Independence Square. If it was up to the two women we'd bounce between that and TGI Fridays for the next 4 weeks. After the buffet incident tonight, I'm hoping the boys come around;) The weather is perfect, at least for me. It's in the 30's here with snow flurries and for this California girl it's truly a dream come true!
This morning was perfect, especially because I woke up to the beautiful faces of my girls! Amazing that we are starting our day as they are ending theirs. I love that I get to say goodnight to them! Kiev is 10 hours ahead of California so right now it's 1:05 am here. Lordy, what am I doing awake?
Tomorrow is the official beginning of our adoption journey in Ukraine. We are meeting with the social services agency that will grant us permission to visit Olivia at the orphanage which ultimately initiates adoption proceedings. This is huge for us and one of those steps that I have followed many families through. I cannot believe that it is actually our turn. Please pray for us as we head to the appointment tomorrow morning. After the Chellson's appointment we are going to embark on a dry run to the orphanage via the metro. Exciting and extremely emotional all at the same time. For some reason I'm crying at the drop of a hat today. At least it's giving Melissa some amusement! You just wait Melissa.... Your time is coming sister!
Goodnight for now, I'll leave you with a few pictures from our trip so far!




A great start to our day!!!




Lee enjoying the lifestyle of the rich and famous on our trip from Salt Lake City to Paris.




Yes those are bowls of warm nuts and my 2nd glass of wine:)




Our private sleeping cubby.. It's rough, I know;)




Welcome to Paris!




Me and Melissa!




A toast at dinner!




Me and the love of my life!




Some of the sights...




More beautiful Keiv!




Lee and one of the wonderful Reece's Rainbow family helpers, Eugene. He took us on great tour of the city today!




A fish market in the small grocery store Eugene took us to today. Reminds me of a small Whole Foods. It was beautiful!




More of the market..




And... More of market!




My Chloe Bea saying good morning and good night to us:)
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Mala Zhytomyrs'ka St,Kiev,Ukraine

4 comments:

  1. It was great meeting you guys today! So glad to follow your journey.
    God Bless
    Stacy and Jeromy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see this yet? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29296114/BeautifulBabyCalendarApril2012-March2013.pdf

    Blessings while you are there!! :)

    ReplyDelete